By Ben Gomes-Casseres | Online course on Lynda.com |
This conversation with Ben demystifies ecosystems and platform strategies. It builds on the ideas and tools in Remix Strategy and more. Each of the 15 chapters is about 2 minutes long and gives you a way to think about key issues in ecosystem strategy. You can watch them all in a row or pick your topic.
Check it out at the links below. Here is a free preview:
The course is available to you on two video-learning platforms (the Previews are free on both):
- The LinkedIn Learning version is free if you have a Premium LI account or you can purchase this course for a fee. There is also a 1-month free trial. Go here: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/strategic-partnerships-ecosystems-and-platforms/the-business-of-ecosystems-and-platforms
- The Lynda.com version is free if your organization subscribes to Lynda.com (many do), or if you sign up for a 1-month free trail. Go here: https://www.lynda.com/Business-tutorials/Strategic-Partnerships-Ecosystems-Platforms/5028616-2.html
I hope this course will give new perspectives, tools, and tips to both beginners and veterans in alliance management, business development, and strategy. The ideas in it are grounded in my 30 years of research and consulting on alliances. They are presented here in what I hope is an accessible style and language.
No firm can go it alone today—your success depends on working with partners. That is how Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon, and other leading companies won in their markets. Partnership expert Ben Gomes-Casseres explains how to gain an edge in the market by collaborating with multiple partners in your business ecosystem. Learn the fundamentals of ecosystem strategies, including building network advantages, selecting partners, organizing your group, igniting growth, and sharing value with your partners. Ben also reviews how to launch and scale a digital platform that connects the many players in your ecosystem.
- What are business ecosystems and platforms?
- Essentials of ecosystem strategies
- Creating network advantages
- Selecting partners for an ecosystem
- Organizing an ecosystem
- Using a digital platform
- Growing an ecosystem
- Sharing gains among partners
Many thanks to my terrific editing and production team at LinkedIn Learning — Susan Williams, Bobby Erzen, Julia Rajchel, and colleagues. They are part of a professional operation that is building a portfolio of excellent online tutorials on everything from Photoshop tricks to….the management of Ecosystems and Platforms!